You can't get far in the pool and spa industry without a sense of humor, and that's especially true for people in service. Techs do far more than work on pools — they also spend their days quelling customer tantrums, managing unrealistic expectations, fixing the "tricks" homeowners swear the internet said would work, explaining how a salt cell works for the umpteenth time...you get it. That list could go on forever.
Because laughter is the best medicine, take a look at these great memes that only true, bonafide service techs can appreciate. Thanks to @Poolguymemes for letting us share these — for more, visit facebook.com/poolguymemes and give the page a Like.
1. If you had a dollar for every time a customer tried to blame you for something, well, you wouldn't be working in the pool industry anymore because you'd be LOADED.
2. Say it after me: "I run a business, NOT A CHARITY."
3. We all wish unreasonable people would just disappear, right? If only we could get our hands on the Infinity Gauntlet...
4. No matter how many times you explain it, you know they're never going to get it.
5. Talking to customers can be like deciphering a foreign language. "What 'thingy' are you talking about again?"
6. A moral victory that you also get paid for is the best of the best.
7. "If I'm not getting paid for this conversation, it's not happening."
8. Logic fail.