The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA) is pleased to announce that Charlie Claffey has been appointed to chairman of the Board for 2023. Claffey has taken an active leadership role in the pool, spa and hot tub industry for many years. Claffey is president of Claffey Pools in Southlake, Texas, which has been in business for over 35 years. Within 10 years of taking over Claffey Pools, he was able to quadruple the number of pools the company built in a year, and has led Claffey Pools to consistently be named one of the top builders in the country. PHTA feels privileged to have a passionate leader with a strong vision take the helm.
PHTA is also pleased to announce its board members for 2022:
- Chair Elect: Joe Laurino, Ph.D., Periodic Products, Inc.
- Secretary: Keith Harbeck, Premier Pools and Spas, Inc.
- Treasurer: Scott Frost, Fluidra
- Immediate Past Chairman: Andy Levinson, PoolCorp
PHTA’s Board Members at Large include:
- Bob Blanda, Mill Bergen Pools
- Caley Gibbs, Gib-San Pool & Landscape Creations
- Tracine Marroquin, Jacuzzi Group
- Matt McDermott, Heritage Pool Supply Group
- Albert Miller, Hayward
- Kevin Post, Counsilman-Hunsaker
“The 2023 PHTA Board of Directors is comprised of amazing individuals who care deeply about the pool, spa and hot tub industry,” says Sabeena Hickman, CAE, president and CEO of PHTA. “I know they will steer our association — and our industry — in the right direction this coming year, and help us develop even more valuable resources for our members. Congratulations to all of our new board members!”