The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA), the trade association representing the swimming pool, hot tub and spa industry, is pleased to announce that Joseph Laurino, PhD, MBA, has been appointed to Chairman of the Board for 2024. Laurino is President and CEO of Periodic Products, Inc., a material science technology company based in Sarasota, Fla.
Laurino has held several volunteer leadership roles for the association, including Chair of the Recreational Water & Air Quality Committee (RWAQC) and Chair of the Technical Advisory Council (TAC). He also helped to develop the Greg Garrett Scholarship Award to aid PHTA members in pursuing continuing education and certification. Under Laurino’s leadership, Periodic Products has been actively involved in fundraising for Step Into Swim, PHTA’s drowning prevention initiative. Laurino’s dedication to the industry will make him a strong leader to help PHTA reach its goals for 2024 and beyond.
PHTA is also pleased to announce its Executive Committee for 2024:
- Chair-Elect: Donna Williams, PoolCorp
- Treasurer: Scott Frost, Fluidra
- Secretary: Caley Gibbs, Gib-San Pool & Landscape Creations
- Immediate Past Chairman: Charlie Claffey, Claffey Pools
PHTA’s Board Members at Large include:
- Stuart Baker, Hayward Holdings, Inc.
- Kyle Chaikin, The Chaikin Ultimate Group
- Mike Church, Cody Pools, Inc.
- Gregory Claffey, Pentair
- Tim Colon, Pools of Fun
- Keith Harbeck, Premier Pools and Spas Inc.
- Greg Howard, Carecraft
- Ted Lawrence, BioLab / KIK Consumer Products
- Matt McDermott, Heritage Pool Supply Group, Inc.
- Kevin Post, Counsilman-Hunsaker