The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA) has unveiled its updated strategic plan. The plan will guide the association for the next several years and is designed to provide clear direction and focus, enabling PHTA to prioritize resources and increase member satisfaction and engagement.
Through the association, PHTA members will be empowered to increase their skills through new and highly valuable products and services including comprehensive education, increased advocacy to create more favorable business environments, and heightened consumer awareness of the values and benefits of aquatic experiences.
Investing in Excellence: Education at the Forefront
The updated plan prioritizes education, aiming to equip pool and hot tub professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in a dynamic market. Key initiatives include:
- Expanded Educational Platform: Development of a user-friendly online platform offering affordable, accessible, and industry-specific training resources.
- Enhanced Training Programs: Increasing the number of skilled professionals by 30% through expanded apprenticeship programs and certified training tracks.
- Knowledge Sharing for Success: Introducing members to innovative tools, techniques, and research insights that go beyond the job site to optimize business operations, maximize efficiencies, and stay ahead of the curve.
Championing the Industry: Protecting and Promoting Aquatic Activities
The plan also emphasizes advocacy, focusing on initiatives that enhance or impact regulatory environments, promote industry best practices, and contribute to overall industry growth:
- Strengthening Advocacy Efforts: Raising awareness of critical industry issues and mobilizing members to advocate for solutions at local, state, and federal levels.
- Standardization for Safety: Supporting uniform code adoption and licensure requirements across states to protect consumers and ensure qualified professionals.
- Expanding Step Into Swim: Increasing access to swimming lessons for children through PHTA’s Step Into Swim initiative, contributing to a reduction in drowning rates.
- Building Strategic Partnerships: Collaborating with industry coalitions, allied associations, and philanthropic organizations to amplify the voice of the industry and support community initiatives.
Reaching New Heights: Elevating Members to the Highest Standards
The updated plan is dedicated to fostering excellence and promoting industry leadership:
- Highlighting the rewarding and positive career paths available in the pool and hot tub industry while attracting talented, career-minded individuals to help strengthen the workforce.
- Establishing professional standards for the industry that conform to best practices, ensuring safety, quality, and integrity in every project.
- Increasing consumer awareness of the positive impacts that come from the use of pools, hot tubs, and spas and the important benefits of hiring certified professionals and accredited member companies to build and service those water features.
- Expanding the number of PHTA chapters to provide members with networking and regionally focused educational opportunities to strengthen local businesses.
“PHTA is committed to fostering a thriving pool, hot tub, and spa industry," states Sabeena Hickman, CAE, president and CEO of PHTA. "This updated strategic plan reflects our unwavering dedication to empower professionals and champion industry interests, thereby ensuring the continued growth and positive impact of the aquatics sector.”
“As PHTA continues to build momentum, it is important that the strategic plan remains a ‘living document’ with regular reviews and the flexibility to make adjustments based on the latest research and industry trends,” says PHTA Chairman of the Board Joseph Laurino, PhD, MBA, president & CEO of Periodic Products, Inc. “The PHTA Board of Directors, along with our council and committee leadership, are excited to use the strategic plan as a roadmap to provide more benefits and services to members and the industry as a whole.”
PHTA invites all industry stakeholders to join in its mission to build a stronger, more prosperous future for the pool and hot tub industry.
For more information, please contact Amy Willer, PHTA’s associate director of marketing and communications, at [email protected] or (703) 838-0083, ext. 121.