The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance is giving you more time than ever before to enter your projects for the PHTA Awards of Excellence. With summer right around the corner, don't wait — the online submission platform is open now!
Enter your best work across a variety of categories, from residential concrete pools to commercial water features and everything in between.
What Are the Awards of Excellence?
The PHTA Awards of Excellence recognizes and rewards installations of pools, spas, hot tubs and water features that showcase the most beautiful and creative work in the pool and spa industry. Hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms across the U.S. and around the world.
Who Can Enter the Awards of Excellence Program?
Current membership in the Pool & Hot Tub Alliance is required for submissions.
The competition is open to pool, spa or hot tub builders and installers, designers, retailers or service companies that receive payment for the installation being submitted. A manufacturer or distributor may submit entries on behalf of PHTA member builders, installers and designers; however, the recognition will go to the firm that received payment for the installation.
How Are the Installations Judged?
Each entry is judged on eight criteria that are each worth 10 points — for a total of 80 possible points. The criteria is as follows:
- Conformance with applicable ANSI/APSP standards or any other mandatory code of government?
- Adherence to Awards of Excellence requirements : no logo, no cleaning equipment, no people, no drinks, etc.
- Workmanship / quality of craftsmanship — does the installation appear to have been done in a quality manner?
- How well do the materials used on the project complement the home or surroundings?
- Overall beauty — aesthetic appeal of the entire installation?
- Design creativity — (soundness of design) uniqueness of shape, deck, water features, etc., and how they blend together.
- Project cohesiveness — blending of the entire project with the landscape and surroundings. How well does the pool or spa feel like it belongs in the setting. Does it look like it is a part of the house?
- Unique qualities outside of usual judging consideration — please rate the uniqueness of the installation, amenities to enhance the harmony created. The WOW factor.
Awards are presented include the following: Gold, Silver and Bronze.
The judging panel is comprised of industry professionals, as well as representatives from related fields including architecture and landscape design.
Judges do NOT know the names of entrants, as all entries are identified by number only.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Must have been completed during the five years before the entry deadline.
- May not be entered more than one category in any given year.
- Can be resubmitted if they have not won in a previous year.
- Each entry must contain at least two high-resolution (300 pixels-per-inch or higher) digital images that show different views of the installation.
- No photo enhancement is allowed and cannot be commercial images from another source.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.